PhsycoFaction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Perfect World International- Faction Phsycotic

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cleric Various build

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Purifer

Purifer

Cleric Various build Empty
PostSubject: Cleric Various build   Cleric Various build I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 4:41 am

An Overview of Stats

In PW there is a total of 4 Stats: Strength(STR), Dexterity(DEX), Vitality(VIT) and Magic(MAG).

Strength
- increase attack power for melee weapon
- increase physical defense

Dexterity
- increase attack power for range weapon
- increase dodge
- increase accuracy
- increase critical rating (NOTE: every 20 dex give you 1% more critical rating)

Vitality
- increase physical defense
- increase magical defense
- increase hp
- increase hp regeneration rate (NOTE: hp regeneration is reduced by 75% when in combat mode)

Magic
- increase magical attack power
- increase magical defense
- increase maximum mana
- increase mana regeneration rate (NOTE: Mana regeneration is reduced by 75% when in combat mode)

NOTE: There is no stats that increase attack speed/movement speed

--------------------------------------------------------------

The Build

Though there are tons of different build for a character, they are mainly classified into 3 areas - Damage Type, Tanking Type and Hybrid Type.

Damage Type
MAG STR Priest - pump your strength according to the minimum requirement for magical armor and rest of stats into intelligence. Leave your VIT and DEX at 5.

This style of priest is sort of a mimic of mage. It has extremely high nuking power. It's main weakness is hp and low def. Hence int priest works better in party as compared to solo-ing. If a party is not present, such priest can always turn towards kiting for solo. But in PvP, players are intelligent enuff to aim the tanker instead of a INT Priest which can be killed in 2 to 3 hits. Hence you will require equipment that adds hp

PROS: High nuking power and healing power.
CONS: Low hp

Tank Type
VIT MAG STR Priest - pump your strength and magic according to the minimum requirement for magical armor, rest of points into constitution. leave your dex at 5.

This type of priest has the highest tanking power but at the same time has the lowest nuking/healing power. But the tanking capability is only limited to magical skill since your physical def is still extremely low, it is highly recommended to use light armor instead of magical armor for this build if archer is more common than warrior. But please note that magical armor give you bonus to moving speed (20% if not wrong) which can prove to be really effective when running from mage/warrior/beast/fox

PROS: High hp pool and higher physical def
CONS: low nuking power and healing power

Hybrid Type
MAG VIT STR Priest - pump your strength according to the minimum requirement for magical armor, pump your magic according to the minimum requirement for magical weapon, rest of points into vitality. Leave your dex at 5.

This build grants the priest about 30 to 40% more hp pool as compared to a INT Priest. But it also cause priest to lose about 20% nuking/healing power. But in a guild fight or PvP what is important is not ur nuking or healing power, it is to survive as long as possible and aid in the combat.

PROS and CONS: it has no pros and no cons since it is a hybrid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Major Flaws in the post   Cleric Various build I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 6:58 pm

This post needs a lot of work; there are several major flaws in every part of the post. Starting from the top, Pure lists what each stat does in general to each type of character but nothing specific to what the stats do for clerics

HP per point of vit

15 on BM +30 each level up
10 on Wiz +20 each level up
13 on Archer +26 each level up
10 on Cleric +20 each level up
17 on Barb +34 each level up
12 on Veno +24 each level up

MP per point of mag

09 on BM +18 each level up
14 on Wiz +28 each level up
10 on Archer +22 each level up
14 on Cleric +28 each level up
07 on Barb +14 each level up
12 on Veno +24 each level up

Dodge/Accuracy per point of dex

10/10 on BM
05/02 on Wiz
08/06 on Archer
05/02 on Cleric
08/09 on Barb
07/06 on Veno

It's hard to judge how much Physical/Magical defense is added per point of vitality but it is the same as how much Physical defense is added by strength and Magical defense is added by magic. This growth per point is the same across all classes.

For the 2 caster classes, Wizard and Cleric, the growth of Magic attack per point of magic is same as well as the growth of Physical attack per point of strength. The growth of magic attack is substantially greater than the growth of physical attack.

The opposite is true for the 3 Physical attack classes, Blademaster Archer and Barbarian. The growth rate for physical attack per point of strength is the same across all 3 classes while there is no growth for magic attack per point of magic.

For the solo class, Venomancer, there is a growth in both physical and magical attacks by their respective stat. But Venomancers will not have a better magical attack as compared to a caster class at the same level based only on the magic stat; the same is true for the physical attack as compared to the physical attack classes.

For now I have found no solid data concerning HP and MP regeneration based on the vitality and magic stats respectively. When this data becomes available to me I will post it.

The point of the above description of the effects of the stats points is to show how the Cleric compares to other classes in the growth effects of the individual stats.

The build descriptions need a lot more information than what is provided, such as recommended stat placement per level or every 2 levels and which skills should take priority in leveling up ect. ect.

"Damage Type"

Quote :
MAG STR Priest - pump your strength according to the minimum requirement for magical armor and rest of stats into intelligence. Leave your VIT and DEX at 5.

The way to build this character as described here seems to be accurate enough.

In the second paragraph I lose what Pure is trying to say after the first 2 sentences.

Quote :
This style of priest is sort of a mimic of mage. It has extremely high nuking power.

In a way this is true, but a wizard doesn't have the healing power of a cleric.

Quote :
It's main weakness is hp and low def. Hence int priest works better in party as compared to solo-ing. If a party is not present, such priest can always turn towards kiting for solo.

Yes a weakness of this class is the low hp and physical defense. Solo on a cleric is only difficult up to the 20s, I have plenty of cleric friends that can testify to this, during this difficult part is where clerics learn to kite. Past this part, around level 21 with the level 4 upgrade of plum shot. cyclone. and ironheart along with the level 3 upgrade of plum shell, kiting becomes less necessary with the higher output of damage with a better heal and more damage absorption.

Quote :
But in PvP, players are intelligent enuff to aim the tanker instead of a INT Priest which can be killed in 2 to 3 hits. Hence you will require equipment that adds hp

In pvp the 2 caster classes and venos are easier targets and will most likely be shot down first. Also, regardless of whether you choose to pvp or not Citrine shards are a must; the reasoning behind this is if you have more hp and in most cases more hp is a greater survivability rate.

Quote :
PROS: High nuking power and healing power.

This is true about this style of cleric but, depending on the style of play, this can be one of the best solo builds.

Quote :
CONS: Low hp

This can easily be negated by using equips that add vit and hp and also using citrine shards in the sockets of your equipment.

"Tank Type"

Quote :
VIT MAG STR Priest - pump your strength and magic according to the minimum requirement for magical armor, rest of points into constitution. leave your dex at 5.

This build isn't much different than the other build in terms of stat placement 3 points every 2 levels go into vit instead of mag.

Quote :
This type of priest has the highest tanking power but at the same time has the lowest nuking/healing power.

The "tanking" power of a cleric comes from her ability to heal. If the cleric cannot heal herself at a high enough rate... lets just say this story doesn't have a happy ending.

Quote :
But the tanking capability is only limited to magical skill since your physical def is still extremely low, it is highly recommended to use light armor instead of magical armor for this build if archer is more common than warrior.

This is correct, a Cleric of this built will probably not be able to solo any physical bosses. Light Armor increased physical defense at the cost of magic defense and either vit or mag point because light armor require 1 str and 1 dex per level. In effect light armor would kill this build, as described by pure, because it makes the build go from 3 vit 6 mag 1 str every 2 levels to 6 mag 2 str 2 dex every 2 levels.

Quote :
But please note that magical armor give you bonus to moving speed (20% if not wrong) which can prove to be really effective when running from mage/warrior/beast/fox

I'm not sure where this is coming from. There are some armor drops that give a speed increase as an extra stat on the armor, but no speed increases as a result of the type of armor being worn.

Quote :
PROS: High hp pool and higher physical def
CONS: low nuking power and healing power
The High HP is true on this build. Example of stats at a high level
Level 60 cleric w/ no +vit or +hp on her armor("Tank Type" as described above)
mag:180
vit:95
Str:34
dex:5

HP:2130
MP:4172

Level 60 cleric w/ no +vit or +hp on her armor("Damage Type" as described above)
mag:270
vit:5
Str:34
dex:5

HP:1230
MP:5432

With a 90 point difference in vit there is only a difference of 900 hp. Now the question a person considering this build is this, do I want to sacrifice my attack and "mp pool" for 900 points of hp? With a light armor build the hp gap wouldn't even exist at the same loss of magic attack.

"Hybrid Type"

Quote :
MAG VIT STR Priest - pump your strength according to the minimum requirement for magical armor, pump your magic according to the minimum requirement for magical weapon, rest of points into vitality. Leave your dex at 5.

This is going to be identical to the build described above, unless Pure wanted the above build to be a Light Armor build.

Quote :
This build grants the priest about 30 to 40% more hp pool as compared to a INT Priest. But it also cause priest to lose about 20% nuking/healing power.

This gives about 34%-36% more HP at the loss of about 30%-35% magic attack. 35% is a huge chunk out of your magic attack for a gain of only 36% hp, when if you consider how much hp a cleric starts off with, it's not much.

Using the clerics I used in the example on the last build. The first one,wielding an Ancient Arbor, would have a Magic Attack of 1756-2072 while the second one would have a Magic Attack of 2320-2738. There is a difference in the average of the 2 cleric's attacks of 615. Using the average of the attack's high and low number and plugging that into level 10 plume shot damage:

Quote :
base magic attack plus 100% of weapon damage plus 1379.6

I get 3861.1 damage from the first cleric and 4476.1 damage from the second cleric. If you subtract these 2 numbers you will notice the 615 damage is still the difference; when it is put into the scope of total damage the little damage can seem like a lot.

Quote :
But in a guild fight or PvP what is important is not ur nuking or healing power, it is to survive as long as possible and aid in the combat.

In PvP, which I will admit that I do not do and will never do on a PvE server, survivability is a key factor, but one doesn't have to gimp their attack in order to survive.

Quote :
PROS and CONS: it has no pros and no cons since it is a hybrid.

Every build has it's strengths and weaknesses, nothing is perfect. This build has a higher hp while bringing attack down by 1/3.

My suggested reading for any build of cleric:

This forum thread on PWI's official forums is rather lengthy but is worth the read if you intend on playing a cleric. It covers everything in a way that is not biased for or against any certain build and covers pretty much everything about a cleric

Cleric information for newcomers

Good luck to any future clerics,
-Dzu
Back to top Go down
Killerinfernal

PostSubject: Re: Cleric Various build   Cleric Various build I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 8:11 pm

OK TY YW HELLO affraid confused elephant affraid albino No study sunny farao flower affraid cyclops
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cleric Various build   Cleric Various build I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cleric Various build
Page 1 of 1